On January 20, 2017, Long Lake #58 First Nation passed the Anishinabek Education System (AES) and our Draft Constitution. We are now part of the 22 First Nations who are asserting jurisdiction over our education. Read the Anishinabek News Article here.
- Anishinabek Nation Education Fiscal Transfer Agreement (EFTA) Plain Language Version or Full Version
- Draft Anishinabek Education Agreement (ANEA) Plain Language Version
- Long Lake #58 Draft Constitution Plain Language Version or Full Version
The Anishinabek Education System
For questions or more information about the AES, please:
- phone (705) 497-9127 or toll free (877) 497-3799 email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- contact Murray Waboose, the Thunder Bay Regional Communications Coordinator at email@example.com;
- contact Judy Desmoulin, LL#58 Health Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free (800) 463-8079 ext. 235
All voting packages have been mailed out and should have been received by all our members. If you did not get your package or if have questions about voting on the AES, please contact Melissa Waboose, Ratification Officer at (807) 853-2833.